Author Topic: Life on Mars  (Read 6666 times)

Offline TheShayneShow

• Tuner
    • It's a Geeks Life
Re: Life on Mars
« Reply #60 on: March 26, 2017, 02:57:27 PM »
I've been rewatching Life on Mars and I was reminded of how Brent and I disagreed about the show, well it's ending anyway, those were fun times  8)
It can't rain all the time...

It's a Geeks Life.

Offline Brent Barrett

• Administrator
  • Delia Derbyshire Fan
    • Boden Maddox Productions
« Reply #61 on: March 28, 2017, 09:50:37 AM »
It just left a bitter taste in my mouth, so I've had no desire to go re-visit it.  :)

Offline TheShayneShow

• Tuner
    • It's a Geeks Life
« Reply #62 on: March 28, 2017, 02:04:00 PM »
It just left a bitter taste in my mouth, so I've had no desire to go re-visit it.  :)

Fair enough

I've literally had the Blu-rays for years but hadn't gotten around to watching them until now.

I can't remember now, did you like the American version ?

It's a Geeks Life.

Offline Brent Barrett

• Administrator
  • Delia Derbyshire Fan
    • Boden Maddox Productions
« Reply #63 on: March 29, 2017, 03:08:15 PM »
I can't remember now, did you like the American version ?

Never watched it.

Offline TheShayneShow

• Tuner
    • It's a Geeks Life
« Reply #64 on: March 29, 2017, 03:14:36 PM »
Never watched it.

I didn't hate the pilot but they lost me when the recast most of it for the series, thought you might have liked the ending for that version better.

It's a Geeks Life.

Offline Wendy Hembrock

• TIST Crew
  • Administrator
« Reply #65 on: March 30, 2017, 04:33:29 PM »
It's been a long while since I saw the US series, but as I recall, the US adaptation was too similar at the start (pilot was exact copy), and it did go on its own track, but for me it was too little, too late to carve its own path. The casting puzzled me too - some heavy hitter film stars who didn't modulate their performances to more nuanced/authentic characters (Harvey Keitel in particular). 

Offline TheShayneShow

• Tuner
    • It's a Geeks Life
« Reply #66 on: March 30, 2017, 04:46:46 PM »
It's been a long while since I saw the US series, but as I recall, the US adaptation was too similar at the start (pilot was exact copy), and it did go on its own track, but for me it was too little, too late to carve its own path. The casting puzzled me too - some heavy hitter film stars who didn't modulate their performances to more nuanced/authentic characters (Harvey Keitel in particular).

That and the cast from the US series just didn't have the chemistry of the UK series, I thought Colm Meany was decent in the pilot but recasting Gene Hunt and replacing him with the usually reliable Harvey Keitel just didn't work.

It's a Geeks Life.