Author Topic: Season 9 Discussion  (Read 1395 times)

Offline Brent Barrett

• Administrator
  • Delia Derbyshire Fan
    • Boden Maddox Productions
Re: Season 9 Discussion
« Reply #15 on: October 19, 2015, 09:55:43 AM »
She's in the next episode too, guys.  Did you watch the previews?

Offline TageRyche

• Tuner
« Reply #16 on: October 19, 2015, 03:30:22 PM »
She's in the next episode too, guys.  Did you watch the previews?

Brent, I did watch the previews. I was just referring to last night's episode.

Offline TageRyche

• Tuner
« Reply #17 on: October 25, 2015, 04:33:23 PM »
As much as I was disappointed in last week's episode, the 2nd Maisie Williams episode of Doctor Who was fantastic. And they made wonderful use of Williams this time.

The only problem is, given how things worked out and what her character said she was going to do, I want more. This would be a great continuing subplot every few episodes or maybe once a season or something.

Offline Wendy Hembrock

• TIST Crew
  • Administrator
« Reply #18 on: October 26, 2015, 02:41:39 AM »
Yes, Part 1 was just the setup. But I wish they had shortened that bit and we had even more of what we got in Part 2 before she ran into the Doctor - perhaps seeing him "check in" once and leave thinking all was well?

I expect we will see Maisie return as this character; possibly run into River Song some day, or Captain Jack Harkness? 

Offline a_davia

• Tuner
« Reply #19 on: October 26, 2015, 09:08:42 AM »
It's already been announced that she will be back, sooner than expected.

Be ever wonderful
Be ever wonderful

Offline Brent Barrett

• Administrator
  • Delia Derbyshire Fan
« Reply #20 on: October 26, 2015, 09:28:53 AM »
And I believe John Barrowman has hinted that he is coming back, so I think we know what we are in for there.  :)

Offline a_davia

• Tuner
« Reply #21 on: November 01, 2015, 08:51:52 AM »
With episode 7, they are continuing to bring their best.  I love the story and the acting, but especially that they tackled political issues head on.

Be ever wonderful
Be ever wonderful

Offline TageRyche

• Tuner
« Reply #22 on: November 29, 2015, 07:27:25 AM »
I watched "Heaven Sent" last night and I have to say that it was one of the biggest pieces of crap episodes I've ever seen.

Offline a_davia

• Tuner
« Reply #23 on: December 06, 2015, 11:01:13 AM »
With Hell Bent, they copy out.  If you want all the praise for being gutsy to kill the companion, let the companion STAY dead.  I loved the ending when Clara died.  If this was a copy that went off in the universe, I would of been fine.  This "have both" ending sucks.  It just feels completely unsatisfying.

Be ever wonderful
Be ever wonderful

Offline Wendy Hembrock

• TIST Crew
  • Administrator
« Reply #24 on: December 06, 2015, 01:04:34 PM »
These two episodes together were an overall disappointment. The Hell Bent episode was stylistically too similar to Moffatt's show Sherlock - the extremely fast talking to make it impossible to question the logic of what was being dumped; and all the quick cutting. They could have shown millions of years had passed in more interesting ways than a repetitive Groundhog Day montage.   

Heaven Sent started out promising with the War Doctor back on Gallifrey stuff, but once it came back to Clara and the Doctor cheating her death I was shaking my head.  Why Moffatt???  Then having Clara give the big speech about her last heartbeat and wanting to die properly, etc, only to have Clara decide to cheat her death and go off with Ishielde?

Although it was totally unnecessary to the story, I liked seeing the Doctor in the diner post-memory wipe. But it reminded me just how weak this 2-parter was in comparison to that excellent one.   

Schrodinger's Clara. Dead or alive, the Clara companion needs to never return to this show though.   

Offline TageRyche

• Tuner
« Reply #25 on: December 06, 2015, 06:00:27 PM »
I liked the season finale episode even if they did leave the death of Clara open ended all over again. It was exciting and energetic and I thought did a really nice job of delving into the Doctor's loneliness as it related to his unsurpassing need to resurrect Clara.

Offline Brent Barrett

• Administrator
  • Delia Derbyshire Fan
« Reply #26 on: December 06, 2015, 06:10:00 PM »
Yeah, I really enjoyed the finale too.  I had to complete opposite reaction to Wendy and Davia.

I never thought Clara's death was final.  Something about it being so rushed without the traditional emotional goodbye that the companions seem to always get made me think she would be back. 

Offline a_davia

• Tuner
« Reply #27 on: December 06, 2015, 08:57:52 PM »

Yeah, I really enjoyed the finale too.  I had to complete opposite reaction to Wendy and Davia.

I never thought Clara's death was final.  Something about it being so rushed without the traditional emotional goodbye that the companions seem to always get made me think she would be back.

The fact that Clara's death wasn't final, but neither was her living is what really has me ticked off.  Maybe isn't an option.

Be ever wonderful
Be ever wonderful

Offline Brent Barrett

• Administrator
  • Delia Derbyshire Fan
« Reply #28 on: December 06, 2015, 09:01:58 PM »
I think having undead Clara and immortal Ashieldr on a TARDIS is just insanely cool.  :)  Too bad they couldn't do a spin-off.  Hope we will get to see them again in the future.