Author Topic: Spoilers thru episode 3-nits to pick  (Read 467 times)

Offline kurt_eh

• Tuner
Spoilers thru episode 3-nits to pick
« on: February 05, 2016, 08:04:39 AM »
I was initially very excited for LoT to hit the airwaves, but it has fallen far short of my expectations.

Pilot 1/2:  The Hawk couple have spent 4 mellenia losing to Savage.  They finally beat him, but only with the help of team Arrow/Flash, working together to stop him (I'm assuming the defeat timeline is wiped from their memories).  They also learn in FlArrow that THEY have to strike the blow that defeats him.  So, when they finally do confront him in 75, what do they do? Leave their team outside, so Hawkman can go after him alone while Hawkgirl stands there and watches.  (BTW did she hear Savage tell HM that she needs to wield the knife? I can't recall). 

Ep 3.  They have Savage.  They totally have him.  Rory Pond even cuts him and leaves him to "die" (okay, so he'll get better).  Were they interrupted and have to go, or did they stupidly just leave him there and walk back to the ship?  The ship where they could have brought him for HG to defeat, or if they don't know yet that HG has to do it, take him 5 billion years into the future and shove him out of the airlock just before the expansion of sun devours the Earth! 

But that's thinking too much into it, do that and they don't have a series...

Offline Brent Barrett

• Administrator
  • Delia Derbyshire Fan
    • Boden Maddox Productions
Re: Spoilers thru episode 3-nits to pick
« Reply #1 on: February 05, 2016, 11:56:56 AM »
Yeah, that major plot hole has bugged me too.  "Don't mess with the timeline," but "Let's kill Savage before he can hurt others."  So... don't mess with the timeline, but REALLY mess with the timeline?

Offline TageRyche

• Tuner
« Reply #2 on: February 05, 2016, 12:52:55 PM »
I have to say that I'm pretty disappointed with the show so far. I had planned to watch it live and save The Big Bang Theory for On Demand.

But after the two part pilot, I skipped the show live last night and watch BBT instead.

The cast is too large, and most of them aren't very interesting. The three characters that are of interest to me the most are the two bad guys and White Canary. Why? Because the people that aspire to actually be heroes have been presented as whiny, wishy-washing one dimensional whiners thus far.

Offline kurt_eh

• Tuner
« Reply #3 on: February 05, 2016, 12:54:12 PM »
What I really want to see is Vandal Savage meet Randal Savage.  Ohhhhh YEAAAAHHH!

Offline Brent Barrett

• Administrator
  • Delia Derbyshire Fan
    • Boden Maddox Productions
« Reply #4 on: February 05, 2016, 03:23:47 PM »
SNAP INTO A SLIM JIM!  :)

Offline a_davia

• Tuner
« Reply #5 on: February 05, 2016, 04:52:22 PM »
The 3rd episode is the episode that has felt like a real tv show.  The 2 part pilot reminded me more of a bad cartoon with real life actors.

Be ever wonderful
Be ever wonderful

Offline kurt_eh

• Tuner
« Reply #6 on: February 24, 2016, 10:52:26 PM »
Oops they did it again.

Totally have him at their mercy. Hell HG was even there, and moments screen time wise after Rory reminds her that she is the only one who can stop him.

...and they essentially let him go.

I can't stand terrible writing like this simply to have the series "primary plot" keep going. I was there at the dawn of the third age of mankind, and adore long format television, but this drives me crazy.

Here is a thought. Rory fills him full of little bolts of yell-blue light. Takes him back to the ship in bonds (not bondage) and hands him over to HG. Problem solved and we can get on with an exciting series.

Until then, make mine Marvel. (Or Flash/Arrow/Supergirl). I'll watch the Arrow crossover this week, but if things don't improve, this series is pushing for a let it sit, and I wish it were otherwise. :(

Offline TageRyche

• Tuner
« Reply #7 on: February 27, 2016, 05:14:56 PM »
As much as I've been disappointed in this series, I have to give credit where it is due. I really enjoyed the episode where they were stranded in 2046.