Author Topic: 12 Monkeys Season 2  (Read 336 times)

Offline scorpiesue

• Tuner
12 Monkeys Season 2
« on: April 23, 2016, 09:37:01 AM »

2-1 Year of the Monkey

...am very glad to have the series back and enjoyed the first episode

...i'm a little sad though as i lost the inertia and enthusiasm i had had with the story and wish that i had been able to watch this episode right after i finished season 1  (or that i could have watched the whole season 1 again )
  ...i felt lost and confused trying to remember what was going on

...just visiting this planet...

Offline scorpiesue

• Tuner
Re: 12 Monkeys Season 2
« Reply #1 on: July 27, 2016, 08:38:14 AM »

...aggg !  ...no podcast this week  :(

...i am so looking forward to hearing you all talk about the season finalle next week

...i have just Loved this show    ...it's all been so exciting never knowing what's going to happen with all the changes going on

...i have been so enjoying "the love story" between Cole and Cass   ...it has been so heartwarming 

...i am so surprised at how my feelings for Deacon have changed     ...i disliked him immensely  ...but not now !   

Offline scorpiesue

• Tuner
« Reply #2 on: August 03, 2016, 11:10:26 PM »

...great discussion about the season finale !

...i don't say it enough but listening to you guys discuss sci-fi news and episodes is such a pleasure   ...the way you 3 get together to create such a fantastic podcast every week is amazing   ...the best thing, i think, is how much you respect each other and always let each other  talk without any interruptions

...one thing though i found very strange was that Brent is not excited to watch this series again because he already knows what's going to happen   ...from a guy who goes on and on for years about how he LOVES spoilers, this seems very weird to me   

Offline Brent Barrett

• Administrator
  • Delia Derbyshire Fan
    • Boden Maddox Productions
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2016, 12:15:29 AM »
...one thing though i found very strange was that Brent is not excited to watch this series again because he already knows what's going to happen   ...from a guy who goes on and on for years about how he LOVES spoilers, this seems very weird to me

And I knew someone would point that out.  :)   It's different with this one... in fact, I think I said something about how a 12 Monkeys re-watch would be different even though I love spoilers. 

The reason I don't think I would enjoy a 12 Monkeys re-watch is that most of my enjoyment of the show has been the mystery and the "WTF?!" moments during its airing.  Those mysteries and moments will be absent on a re-watch, so I think it wouldn't be as exciting to me as the first time.  So that's why I said I probably wouldn't re-watch it.

I love spoilers.  I love to learn what will happen in a story, as it makes me more excited to see it play out.  But that doesn't mean I enjoy watching it play out again once I've seen it play out the first time.  :) 

The show/story has to have layers of detail that I enjoy picking up on re-watch in order to get excited about that prospect.  Farscape is a perfect example of that for me.  And the difference between 12 Monkeys and Farscape is that the mystery and the revealing of the story is what hooked me with 12 Monkeys.  It was the characters that hooked me with Farscape.  So re-watching Farscape just added to what I enjoyed.  Re-watching 12 Monkeys would, I fear, just lessen what I enjoyed.