Author Topic: Tuner Minute 400 - It's About Time  (Read 126 times)

Offline Brent Barrett

• Administrator
  • Delia Derbyshire Fan
    • Boden Maddox Productions

Offline Victor

• Tuner
Re: Tuner Minute 400 - It's About Time
« Reply #1 on: October 05, 2016, 11:23:53 PM »
First of all, congrats on 400 episodes; it's hard to believe you could stay at this for so long!  I think my time travel experience would be kinda boring.  When I studied history I was often frustrated by the fact that so many volumes of ancient history were lost, or that many works of ancient poets have not survived.  Much of what we know has come from pictures on shards of pottery or inscriptions on coins, and the remains of people fossilized when Vesuvius erupted.  So I think I would travel back 2,000 years to ancient Rome and gather all of the writings I could carry.  Or maybe I would visit the ancient library at Alexandria and plunder every last scroll I could transport back to the present to preserve all of that lost knowledge for posterity.  Oh, and I would probably find time to sit down and chat with Jesus Christ to find out what he was all about, too.

Offline scorpiesue

• Tuner
Re: Tuner Minute 400 - It's About Time
« Reply #2 on: October 07, 2016, 12:44:23 PM »

...i wish i could go back in time to relive the years when my children were born and then have the experience of them growing up again

...it would be great to know all the helpful things i learned to bring back in time with me, but i would be just as happy doing all the same things again    ...they were the best years of my life

...since that is never going to happen, i have to say, i am sooo looking forward to having grandchildren
...just visiting this planet...