Author Topic: Incorporated  (Read 146 times)

Offline mklopez

• Tuner
  • Tuner
Incorporated
« on: December 21, 2016, 08:13:25 PM »
I know the hosts of TIST pretty much gave a thumbs down on this dystopian show from SyFy, but I decided to give it a chance. After a pretty standard, not very exciting pilot, things pick up quickly on subsequent episodes. True, is not the greatest sci fi show out there, but is much better than what you could infer from the pilot.

I think the most compelling part is that the scary future world they have built is feels a little too believable for comfort. Too close to home, if you will.

Offline Brent Barrett

• Administrator
  • Delia Derbyshire Fan
    • Boden Maddox Productions
Re: Incorporated
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2016, 03:18:38 AM »
I think the most compelling part is that the scary future world they have built is feels a little too believable for comfort. Too close to home, if you will.

Which is a reason why I would have zero interest in it.  As I've said before, I watch genre TV to escape reality, not be reminded of it.  :)

Thanks for the feedback and comments about Incorporated, mk.  Please let us know what you think of the series later in the season.

Offline mklopez

• Tuner
  • Tuner
« Reply #2 on: January 26, 2017, 10:11:44 AM »
Since the season finale aired last night, here are some extra thoughts, no spoilers.

This series is a great example of true futuristic fiction, in that it takes a circumstance likely to happen in the future (climate change) and another not-so-likely but plausible (private corporations getting government-like powers) and uses it to tell a compelling story. Kudos to Syfy and the series creators for their work.

The finale resolved most of the story lines, even if if left a couple wide open for a possible 2nd season. I highly recommend this for a Summer binge if you want an interesting take on a dystopian world.

Offline TageRyche

• Tuner
« Reply #3 on: February 27, 2017, 03:56:36 PM »
The show was canceled today.