Author Topic: Tuner Minute 412 - Farewell  (Read 96 times)

Offline Brent Barrett

• Administrator
  • Delia Derbyshire Fan
    • Boden Maddox Productions
Tuner Minute 412 - Farewell
« on: January 10, 2017, 02:11:31 PM »

Offline a_davia

• Tuner
Re: Tuner Minute 412 - Farewell
« Reply #1 on: January 11, 2017, 11:02:51 AM »
I want the end to reflect the underlying character/ story of the show.  As for the execution, I hate when shows break the story to say goodbye to the audience.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Be ever wonderful

Offline lawnbuddha

• Tuner
« Reply #2 on: January 13, 2017, 04:56:27 PM »
I like something that throws in the kitchen sink (like Buffy), that blows the budget (like Buffy), and has plenty of call-backs to the beginning for the fans (like Buffy)...That leaves you wholly satisfied, but maybe leaves a little something there for a possible future (like Buffy comics)!

EDIT: I misunderstood too, and jumped the gun with my response! I don't like internal farewells if they seem forced. The only time I think it works for me at the end of a series is if the characters are organically separating (ie. dying, or moving apart) - Doctor Who often has this with the Doctor "dying", but any show that has a character 'moving on' can pull of a legitimate farewell without seeming to staged for the audience (*turns to camera and smiles*)
« Last Edit: January 13, 2017, 05:17:58 PM by lawnbuddha »

Offline Wendy Hembrock

• TIST Crew
  • Administrator
« Reply #3 on: January 18, 2017, 07:48:01 AM »
Both answers are true, as shows approach their 'farewell's in different ways.

I said on the podcast that I find Doctor Who does a decent job of letting the Doctor get in his farewell moments with key characters; at least the recent Doctors have been pretty satisfying.